Very tempting Carrot kheer or carrot payasam recipe.this can be offered as naivedyam to God on festivals like Navratri and Diwali.
This is the best ever kheer recipe that I had.fortunately I got some fresh and sweet carrots and I thought to make a recipe with them and made this super delicious gajar kheer. I have used sweetened condensed milk so I have added only 1 tbsp of sugar to adjust the sweetness.if you are using unsweetened condensed milk add the sugar according to your taste.
chilled carrot payasam tastes really amazing than the hot payasam.try and enjoy this healthy and tasty recipe.Happy Dussehra….. 🙂
Text version of carrot kheer
- milk – 500 ml
- carrots – 2 or (300 grams)
- sweetened condensed milk – 1/4 cup
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- ghee/clarified butter – 1 tsp
- cashew nuts – 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup
- almonds – 5
- pistachios – 5
- raisins – 10 grams
- sugar – 1 tbsp or as required(optional)
- orange food color – optional
- grind 1/4 cup of cashew nuts into powder and keep aside.
- peel off the carrots and grate them.
- heat a pan and melt 1 tbsp of ghee/clarified butter.
- add 1/8 cup of split cashew nuts,10 grams of raisins,roast them for a minute and keep aside.
- in the same pan,add 1 tbsp of ghee,grated carrots and saute until they turn into pale orange color.keep aside.
- pour milk in a thick bottomed vessel and bring to a boil.
- when the milk starts to boil,add grated carrots and boil for 2-3 minutes.keep stirring.
- add cashew nut powder,sweetened condensed milk,cardamom powder and mix well.(you can add food color if you like).
- cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat.keep stirring continuously.
- add sugar if necessary.
- garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilled.
Video version of carrot kheer