Khoya Burfi is prepared on almost all auspicious occasions,especially on Diwali and also distributed on delightful occasions.i prepared Khoya coconut burfi this week and the taste was amazing.i added freshly grated coconut to make it even more tastier.you can skip adding sugar if you are using sweetened khoya/mawa.another variation of barfi which i always prefer is Apple khoya burfi.keep cooking… 🙂
Text version of Khoya coconut Burfi
- khoya/mawa – 200 grams
- coconut – half
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- cashew nuts – 10
- almonds – 10
- pistachios – 10
- cardamoms – 5
- ghee/clarified butter – 3 tbsp
- break coconut in half.
- keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes,so the outer shell can be separated from the flesh without any efforts.
- next peel off the hard brown skin on the flesh.
- make the coconut into small slices.
- take into grinder jar and grind coarsely.
- soak all the dry nuts in water for 30 minutes.
- rinse them for once.remove the skin from almonds and pistachios.
- chop them and keep aside.
- heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan,add freshly grated coconut and sauté for 5 minutes.
- add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- add crumbled khoya and mix well.
- add half of the soaked and chopped dry nuts,cardamom powder and mix again.
- keep stirring continuously until you achieve right consistency.
- grease a plate with ghee,put the burfi mixture on it and shape like a rectangle.
- garnish with remaining chopped dry nuts.
- cut the burfi into your desired shapes.
Video version of Khoya coconut Burfi