Cabbage Moong dal fry recipe with step by step instructions.
Text version of Cabbage Moong dal fry
Cabbage Moong dal fry – Pesarapappu cabbage fry recipe
Recipe Type: Main
- chopped cabbage – 325 grams
- moong dal/peeled split green gram – 1/3 cup
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- salt – as required
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- cloves – 3
- chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
- curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- chopped green chilies – 3
- oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- chop cabbage and soak in salt water for 15 minutes.
- rinse under running water and keep aside.
- take water in a vessel and heat until it begins to boil.
- when the water starts to boil, add moong dal, chopped cabbage and boil for 5 minutes.
- turn off the heat and strain out the water.squeeze out the water.
- heat oil in a pan.add cloves, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, mix well and fry for a minute.
- add boiled cabbage and moong dal and fry for 3-5 minutes on simmer.
- turn off the heat after adding the chopped coriander leaves.
Video version of Cabbage Moong dal fry