Chilli paneer is a delicious and spicy mouth-watering Indo-Chinese recipe. This recipe has two versions one is chilli paneer with gravy and the other one is dry. you can serve this dish as a starter or a side dish.
I prepared chilli paneer dry this time. the key ingredient of this recipe is Paneer. in this recipe first you need to coat paneer cubes with corn flour and then fry them. you need to deep fry paneer cubes. but in this recipe i used shallow fry method to cut fat.
I always keep Paneer or cottage cheese available in my kitchen as it helps in making many easy and delicious appetizers. try and enjoy the recipe.
Text version of Chilli paneer dry
- paneer (cottage cheese) – 200 grams
- cornflour-4 tbsp
- bell pepper (capsicum) – 1
- green chillies-2
- garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
- ginger chopped – 1 tbsp
- onion chopped – 1
- chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
- soy sauce -1 tbsp
- vinegar -1 tbsp
- crushed black pepper- 1 tbsp
- salt-to taste
- olive oil-5 or 6 tsp
- orange-red food color-a pinch
- take a bowl, add corn flour,salt and 1/4 tbsp pepper.
- add a pinch of orange-red food color.
- add a little water and mix them all into a thick paste.
- coat the paneer cubes with corn flour paste.
- heat a skillet, add 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- when the oil is hot, place the coated paneer cubes into the pan carefully.
- fry them on each side for a minute.
- take them out onto an absorbent paper to drain out the excess oil.
- pour 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan. when the oil is hot, add chopped garlic,ginger,green chillies,sliced bell pepper.
- add salt,crushed black pepper powder and toss them.
- sauté for a minute,add fried paneer cubes and toss them again.
- garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.