Very simple,tasty and spicy Andhra hotel style chicken leg fry recipe.
I have given the instructions for making masala powder in the video version.but you can replace that masala powder with 1 tsp of ready to use garam masala powder and 2 tsp of coriander powder. overnight soaking for the better outcome.the chicken leg pieces will absorb all the flavors and spices when soaked overnight.if you have no time you can just soak in the marinade for 3-4 hours before cooking.
I have used only one medium sized onion.but you can add one more to get a little more gravy and the amount of oil,spices ,salt required increases accordingly.try and enjoy….. 🙂
Text version of Chicken leg fry
- coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- cardamoms – 6
- cloves – 5
- For marination
- chicken legs – 5 or 6
- thick yogurt – 1/3 or 1/4 cup
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- green chillies – 3 or 4
- curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- onion – 1 medium-sized
- salt – as required
- red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- pepper powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- masala powder – ground
- For frying
- oil – 4-5 tbsp
- For serving
- chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
- sliced onions – 1
- lemon – 1
- dry roast coriander seeds,fennel seeds,cinnamon stick,cardamom seeds for a minute,turn off the heat and grind into a fine powder.
- take salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,ground masala powder,ginger garlic paste,slit green chillies,chopped curry leaves,yogurt,lemon juice into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- add the chicken legs and coat them well with the marinade.
- keep the marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- on the next day,add fried onion paste mix well and leave for 15 minutes.
- heat oil in a pan.put the chicken legs marinade and fry for 3-5 minutes.
- flip all the pieces,cover and cook for 20-15 minutes on medium heat(if using non-stick pan).flip them in between.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
- serve with sliced onions, tomatoes and lemon.
Video version of Chicken leg fry