Chinese Egg fried rice is a street food style recipe. The most common form of Chinese fried rice consists of some mixture of eggs and vegetables with chopped spring onions and usually flavored with soy sauce,vinegar.
cooking rice is very important for this recipe. the cooked rice should be flaky and non-sticky.for this you need to soak rice for some time before you cook. if you add excess water than needed the rice will become mushy.
it can be served without any side dish but tastes good when served with any Manchurian gravy item. i prepared chicken manchurian.you can see the picture below.when you have leftover rice at home,you can prepare chinese egg fried rice easily within minutes.
I have my own recipe for egg fried rice but it is Indian style.it can be prepared without adding soy sauce,vinegar and tastes even better than Chinese. Click the following for that recipe…Indian style Egg fried rice
Text version of Chinese egg fried rice
- basmati rice-2 cups
- eggs- 3 or 4
- chopped onion -1
- chopped bell pepper/green chillies – 2
- chopped carrots -2
- chopped spring onions – 1/4 cup
- black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- salt – as required
- vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 3 or 4 teaspoons
- soak rice in water for half an hour.
- after 30 minutes rinse rice for two times to remove the starch.
- if you are using normal rice add 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice. or if using Basmati rice add 1 1/4 cups of water for 1 cup of rice.
- cook upto 3 whistles in a pressure cooker or if you want cook separately,bring the rice to boil and cook on simmer until the rice is perfectly done.
- put oil in a pan and heat it.
- when the oil is hot,break eggs directly into the pan and scramble them.
- take the scrambled eggs into a plate and keep aside.
- next in the same pour little oil,add chopped onions,green chillies,carrots and fry them for a minute.
- next add chopped spring onions,vinegar,dark soy sauce,salt and black pepper powder and mix well.
- add scrambled eggs and saute for a minute.
- add cooked rice and keep mixing continuously until it perfectly blends with the eggs.
Video version of Chinese egg fried rice
Maybe I should try this one