Dry fruit and nut Urad dal laddu is very tasty and healthy sweet recipe. unlike normal urad dal laddu i used half raisin syrup and half sugar to sweeten this laddus.you can also use Dates syrup. if you use Dates syrup you don’t need to add sugar.
This healthy and nutritious Recipe, Courtesy of my best friend PRASANTHI who lives in Chennai. actually she told me to add 3/4 th cup of ghee for 1 cup black gram flour. but to make it more healthier i skipped adding that much of ghee/clarified butter. The taste was slightly different from traditional Urad dal laddus but they were really nice to taste. Try and enjoy….
Text version of Dry fruit and nut urad dal laddu
Dry fruit and nut Urad dal(black gram) laddu
- black gram(urad dal)-1 cup
- cashew nuts-1/4 cup
- almonds-1/4 cup
- pistachio-1/8 cup
- raisins-1/4 cup
- sugar-3/4 cup
- ghee(clarified butter)-3 tbsp
- take 1/4 cup of raisins and soak them in 1/2 cup of water for 2-3 hours.
- dry roast cashew nuts,almonds and pistachios for 2 minutes on low flame.keep aside.
- dry roast urad dal or black gram on low flame until you get a nice flavor.it takes around 10-12 minutes.
- keep them aside and let them cool down.
- meanwhile put soaked raisins in blender and make them into a paste.
- next put all the nuts together in blender and make them into powder.
- then take 3/4th cup of sugar,add few cardamoms and powder them.
- make urad dal into a fine powder.
- put all the powders in a mixing a bowl and mix well.
- add raisin syrup to bind the mixture.
- add 2 tablespoons of ghee/clarified butter and mix again.
- grease your palms with ghee.
- take equal portions of the mixture at a time and make them into laddus.
1.you can also use Dates syrup instead of raisin syrup.[br]2.or you can use both the syrups and avoid adding sugar.
Video version of Dry fruit and nut urad dal laddu
Leave a Reply