Egg masala is a thick gravy curry which is prepared with tamarind gravy and masala made with spices like cumin,fenugreek,coriander and sesame seeds.you can also add boiled potatoes while adding eggs.i didn’t add garam masala in this recipe but you can add a pinch if you would like to.This tastes good when served with biryani,pulao or chapatis.
you may also like my other egg recipes
Text version of Egg masala curry
Egg masala curry-how to cook anda masala curry
- For masala
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
- For gravy
- tamarind – lemon-sized
- water – 250 ml
- For curry
- boiled eggs – 4
- chopped onions – 2
- green chilies – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- oil – 3 or 4 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- salt – as needed
- chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- garam masala – a pinch(optional)
- clean the eggs carefully,boil them and keep aside.
- take a lemon-sized tamarind and soak in water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- heat a pan,add cumin seeds,sesame seeds,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds and dry roast for a minute.
- let them cool down and then make into a fine powder.
Preparing tamarind gravy
- squeeze out the water from soaked tamarind until it turns into pulp.
- filter the juice using a strainer.
- add masala powder to the tamarind juice,mix well and keep aside.
Cooking Egg masala curry
- heat oil in a pan,add chopped onions and green chillies,salt and sauté until they become soft.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- add boiled eggs,mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- then pour tamarind gravy,mix well and cook until the gravy thickens or the oil oozes out.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
Video version of Egg masala curry
Hello Bindu, I’m a student that has just moved to a different country. I try to cook Indian food almost always because of how “in tune” I am with the nutrients of our food and the science behind it. I tried your andhra chicken recipe, and it was one of the best comfort meals I’ve cooked in my life. I’m going to try out this recipe today, and being a gastronomer I already can tell it will be amazing.
People usually don’t realise the extent of their actions until it is known to them. Thank you so much for these recipes, you’ve just brought a smile to my face and my friends around me who also eat with me. I will keep trying your recipes and give you any constructive criticism I have!
Have a great day!
Hi, dear Vishnu. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking some time to write a comment. I’m so happy that you liked my recipe. I would always like to receive suggestions(through your constructive criticism) which helps to improve my blog further. Thank you-BINDU 🙂