Egg masala is a thick gravy curry which is prepared with tamarind gravy and masala made with spices like cumin,fenugreek,coriander and sesame seeds.you can also add boiled potatoes while adding eggs.i didn’t add garam masala in this recipe but you can add a pinch if you would like to.This tastes good when served with biryani,pulao or chapatis.
you may also like my other egg recipes
Text version of Egg masala curry
- For masala
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- fenugreek seeds – 1/8 tsp
- For gravy
- tamarind – lemon-sized
- water – 250 ml
- For curry
- boiled eggs – 4
- chopped onions – 2
- green chilies – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- oil – 3 or 4 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- salt – as needed
- chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- garam masala – a pinch(optional)
- clean the eggs carefully,boil them and keep aside.
- take a lemon-sized tamarind and soak in water for 10 – 15 minutes.
- heat a pan,add cumin seeds,sesame seeds,coriander seeds,fenugreek seeds and dry roast for a minute.
- let them cool down and then make into a fine powder.
- squeeze out the water from soaked tamarind until it turns into pulp.
- filter the juice using a strainer.
- add masala powder to the tamarind juice,mix well and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan,add chopped onions and green chillies,salt and sauté until they become soft.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- add boiled eggs,mix well and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- then pour tamarind gravy,mix well and cook until the gravy thickens or the oil oozes out.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
Video version of Egg masala curry