keema pulao is a spicy and flavorful non-vegetarian rice recipe prepared with minced meat and long grained rice/Basmati rice and some spices. tastes good when served with spicy mutton gravy curry and raitha.
Text version of Keema Pulao
kheema pulao – how to prepare pulao with minced meat pulao
Recipe Type: Main
- For keema pulao
- keema/minced goat meat – 500g
- basmati rice – 2 cups
- thinly sliced onions – 2
- slit green chillies – 3
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh mint leaves – fistful
- fresh coriander leaves – fistful
- whole spices – for flavor
- salt – as required
- oil – 5 or 6 tsp
- For Pulao Masala
- coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- shahi jeera – 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- cardamoms – 5
- cloves – 4
- black peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
- take 2 cups of basmati rice for 30 minutes.
Preparing Pulao Masala
- heat up the pan,add coriander seeds,fennel seeds,shahi jeera,black peppercorns,cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon stick,dry roast for 2 minutes on low heat.
- let them cool down,make into fine powder and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pressure pan,add thinly sliced onions,green chillies,salt and sauté until they become soft.
- add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw flavor is gone.
- add turmeric powder,red chilli powder and mix well.
- add keema/minced goat meat and mix again.
- pour water up to the level of meat cover it with pressure pan lid and cook up to 5 whistles.
- turn off the heat and wait till the pressure goes away.
Cooking keema pulao
- open the lid,keep the pressure pan on the flame again.
- add yogurt,pulao masala.mix it and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- next add water.the ratio of rice and water should be 1:1 1/2 cups .
- bring the water to boil.when the water starts to boil,add soaked basmati rice.
- boiling stops immediately after adding rice ,so bring the rice to boil again.
- when the rice starts to boil,simmer the heat,cover it with lid and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
- leave it for few minutes (15 minutes appx) and then serve.
Video version of Keema Pulao
You are an amazing photographer too !! I guess you’ve done redesign on your website, it looks pretty professional. I can say all your non-veg recipes look damn yummy and rich in colors. Could not see much veggie videos as I prefer non-veg much 😉
Thank you so much for your compliments Srinu.even I don’t like posting veg recipes.we prefer non-veg more.actually, the re-designing is under progress.planning to launch another website maatamanti.com(entertainment&lifestyle Telugu blog)and a youtube channel(Galli Billi) with my daughter.