Lemon Pickle tastes good when served with hot rice and ghee or curd rice.when we were in Mumbai I saw them making this pickle with a combination of unripe mangoes.
The taste of this pickle will help bring back your bitter tongue to normal after fever.My grandma used to give me this pickle with hot rice and ghee.
Pick ripe and juicy lemons for this preparation.It’s better to prepare this pickle in small quantities each time rather than heavy quantities.If you keep it at room temperature it may lead to discoloration after a week.it lasts for a long time when stored in refrigerator.
Text version of Lemon Pickle
- ginger chopped-1/2 inch
- dried red chilli powder-100g
- fenugreek powder-1/2 tbsp
- turmeric powder-1 tbsp
- lemon juice-2 lemons
- Rinse lemons thoroughly and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- cut each lemon into four quarters and remove the seeds.
- add turmeric powder and salt.
- leave it covered for two days.
- after two days add red chilli powder,fenugreek powder,chopped ginger and lemon juice.
- mix them well and leave it again for two days.
- you can use the pickle on third day.