Mushroom Aloo khurma with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
when I was 8 years old, we used to live in Bharaniput, Odisha. I was too young to know what the beauty of nature is. It was that much beautiful there. Hills and valleys, tribes. I love them. still, I remember each and every day I spent there. whenever I remember Bharaniput, I go through google maps and try to locate the place where we lived. every week we used to go to the vegetable market. Some local tribes used to come there to sell mushrooms grown in the deep forest. They used to sell mushrooms in heaps. each heap costs 1 rupee. those mushrooms were like flowers.
another type of mushrooms that I saw were at Besant Road, Vijayawada. There the street vendors use to sell mushrooms during the rainy season. They look somewhat like long-tailed bulbs. I have tasted different kinds of mushrooms.
Mushrooms are a good source of vitamin D, potassium, dietary fiber etc.so I use them in my cooking at least for once in a week. My mother used to cook those mushrooms. In her method, she used to add cloves powder for masala. And no other masala spices. Whenever I ate that curry, my nose becomes runny, because of the spiciness of cloves.but it was my favorite.
Now I use to buy Button Mushrooms and milky mushrooms from the supermarket and cook them with different combinations like Mushroom Aloo Khurma, Mushroom aloo tomato curry, Kaju mushroom masala curry etc.
you may also like
Text version of Mushroom Aloo Khurma
- 200 grams Mushroom
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 medium-sized onions thinly sliced
- 3 green chilies
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger&garlic paste
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 2 leaves sprigs mint
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Rinse Mushrooms thoroughly and cut them into quarters.
- cut potatoes into cubes and put them in water.
- heat oil in a pan, add onions, green chilies, salt and saute till they become soft.
- add potatoes and cook them for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- next, add mushrooms.
- cover it and cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- next add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.mix well.
add mint leaves(optional)and chopped tomato.
- pour some water and cook it for 1 minute.
- add yogurt and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- when the oil starts to ooze out, add garam masala cook for 3 minutes.
- add coriander leaves and turn the flame off.
put potato cubes in water to prevent them from darkening. don't overcook potatoes, they will get mushy and spoil the texture of the recipe. whisk yogurt before adding to the curry, to avoid curdling. serve it with pulao rice, Rotis or puris.