Mushroom Pickle recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This Mushroom Pickle is prepared with milky mushrooms.the taste was amazing and it’s really a must try tasty and healthy recipe.you can also use button or oyster mushrooms for this preparation.
this is a temporary pickle.it remains fresh up to 2-3 days or you need to store in the refrigerator. I have added 1 tbsp of roasted fenugreek and mustard seeds powder to this pickle.but later, I found that 1 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp is enough or you can just avoid adding the powder.
you can also prepare the same pickle using tamarind instead of lemon.it has a longer shelf life like a month or 2 months or more when prepared with tamarind and stored in the refrigerator. for 200 grams of mushrooms, you will need 50 grams of tamarind.
Instructions for the Tamarind version of this recipe
1.take 50 grams of tamarind.remove the fibers and shells if any.
2.rinse well and boil in 1 cup of water.
3.turn off the heat and let it cool down.
4.grind it into a fine paste and keep aside.
5.later add it to the fried mushrooms while adding the other ingredients.
Note: you will need more oil for this version.like 100 to 150 grams.
tastes good when served with hot rice or Rotis or pulkas.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Mushroom Pickle
- 200 grams milky/button/oyster mushrooms
- 75 grams oil
- salt as required
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 20 grams dried red chili powder
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek/methi seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- you can use any type of mushrooms for this preparation.like, milky, button or oyster mushrooms.
- clean the mud on the mushrooms with water thoroughly.
- pat them dry with a paper towel or with a clean dry cloth.
- cut them into medium-sized pieces and keep aside.
- heat a small pan.add 1/8 tsp of fenugreek/methi seeds and mustard seeds and dry roast until they start to splutter.
- turn off the heat and let them cool down.
- grind them into powder and keep aside.
- heat 75 grams of oil in a pan.
- add cut mushroom pieces and fry until light golden color.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry a minute or until the raw flavor disappears.
- turn off the heat keep the pan aside.
- add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, mustard&fenugreek seeds powder, and mix well.
- squeeze a lemon( 2 tbsp of lemon juice approximately) and mix it up really well.
- leave it for 5-6 hours and serve.
Video version of Mushroom Pickle