Atukula vadalu Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Atukula vadalu are prepared with soaked flattened rice/poha. it is an instant recipe.no grinding or no fermentation is required. very quick and tasty evening snack recipe. you need to take care while squeezing out the water from poha…so that the vadas wouldn’t absorb oil.if in case you feel that the batter has too much moisture, you can increase the quantity of rice flour to reduce the moisture. My youtube friend Ramya asked me whether we can shallow fry them. even that is a good idea. I didn’t try this method. Ii will try next time. probably they may take little more time to get cooked. but it is a healthy way.try and enjoy this recipe….. 🙂
you may also like
Text version of Atukula Vadalu
- atukulu/poha/aval – 150 grams
- chopped onion – 1 medium-sized
- chopped green chilies – 2
- chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- rice flour – 1/4 cup
- salt – as needed
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- oil – for deep-frying
- water – for soaking
- take 150 grams of poha into a bowl.
- soak in water 3-5 minutes.
- rinse for 2 times.
- squeeze out the water from poha and keep aside.
- add chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and chopped coriander leaves in soaked poha.
- add 1/4 cup of rice flour, salt, cumin seeds and mix well.
- the batter should be tough otherwise they will absorb oil.
- grease your palm with little oil.
- take a lemon-sized batter into your hand each time and make into flat round shapes.
- heat oil for deep-frying.
- leave the vadas into oil carefully.
- fry on moderate heat for 5-7 minutes flipping
- take them out and keep on the paper towel for few minutes.