Raw mango rice or mamidikaya pulihora is a tasty and tangy south Indian dish prepared with sour raw mangoes.It is usually served for breakfast.it is also prepared with leftover rice.remains fresh till evening when prepared with freshly cooked rice.mango rice almost tastes like lemon rice and everyone,even the picky eaters would love the recipe.i didn’t add chopped ginger in this recipe.but adding a little enhances the taste.another way in which you can use raw mango paste instead of grated mango. you need to choose fresh,hard and sour raw mango for this recipe.try and enjoy …. 🙂
you may also like Coconut Rice,Pudina/Mint Rice,Beetroot Rice,Chinese Egg fried rice…..
Text version of Raw Mango rice
- cooked rice – 250 grams appxly
- sour raw mango – 1
- dried red chillies – 4
- mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- black gram – 1 tsp
- cashew nuts – 1/8 cup
- peanuts – 2 tbsp
- curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- slit green chillies – 3 or 4
- asafoetida – a pinch
- oil – 4 tsp
- chopped ginger – 1/4 tsp(optional)
- cook 2 cups of rice and keep aside.
- rinse mango thoroughly and peel off the skin.
- grate mango and keep aside.
- heat 4 to 5 tsp of oil in a pan.
- add dried red chillies,mustard seeds,cumin seeds,Chana dal/split bengal gram,peanuts,cashew nuts and roast until crisp or the mustard seeds stops spluttering.
- add slit green chillies,curry leaves,chopped ginger(optional) and fry for a minute.
- add a pinch of turmeric powder,asafoetida,salt.
- add grated mango mix them well and cook for a minute or 2 minutes on low heat.
- add cooked rice,mix well for a minute and turn off the heat.
Video version of Raw Mango rice
Leave a Reply