Pan fried garlic chicken is a tempting appetizer which melts in mouth. i like the gar’licky’ flavor of the chicken.however it won’t taste good unless you soak it for longer time.in the text version below i have mentioned 2 -3 hours for marination but soaking overnight gives the best result.
garlic chicken can also be prepared using oven.For this , preheat the oven to 200 °c and bake for 20 – 30 minutes.brush chicken with oil in between to retain its moisture.otherwise they will become hard. i like pan fried ones more than baked because of its slight smoky flavor.
salad prepared with thinly sliced onions,carrots,cabbage and dressed with 1/4 cup thick yogurt,1 tbsp mayonnaise,1/4 tsp sugar,1/2 tsp salt,1/4 white pepper powder,freshly chopped celery would be the best accompaniment.keep on cooking….enjoy eating 🙂
Text version of Pan fried Garlic chicken breast
- chicken breasts -2 (480 grams)
- thick yogurt -1/2 cup
- garlic paste -2 tbsp
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- salt – as needed
- olive oil-5 to 6 tsp
- rinse chicken thoroughly. pat it dry with paper towels.
- poke holes with a toothpick.
- take bowl, add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,garlic paste,thick yogurt and mix them well.
- next apply the mixture on chicken breast pieces.
- keep the marinade in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- put oil in a skillet.when the oil is hot place the chicken breasts into the skillet.
- cook for one minute and turn them to other side.
- cook it again for a minute.turn them again cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- turn them to other side and cook for 10 minutes.
- turn off the flame, cut it into slices and serve with salad.