Pav Bhaji Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Pav Bhaji is a popular street food of Maharashtra.butter roasted pav buns are served with bhaji made with mashed vegetables seasoned with spices.
you may also like
Text version of Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji recipe
Recipe Type: Snacks
- For Bhaji masala
- coriander seeds – 4 tbsp
- cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
- cardamom – 4
- cloves – 4
- cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- black salt – 1 tsp
- black peppercorns – 1 tsp
- fennel seeds/sounf – 1 tbsp
- dried mango powder/amchur powder – 1 tsp
- for boiling
- cubed potatoes – 150 to 200 grams
- cabbage – 1/2 cup or 70 grams
- cauliflower – 1/2 cup or 70 grams
- carrot – 1/4 cup or 30 grams
- green peas – 1/3 cup or 40 grams
- For Bhaji
- chopped onions – 75 to 100 grams
- capsicum – 1/4 cup or 30 grams
- chopped tomatoes – 200 grams
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chili powder – 1 tsp
- pav bhaji masala – 1 tbsp
- salt – as required
- ghee/clarified butter – 2 to 3 tbsp
- butter – 20 grams
- For serving
- ladi pavs – 6
- butter – 3 to 4 tbsp
- chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
- lemon – 1
- chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- heat a pan.add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilies, fennel seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, cardamom seeds, cinnamon, and roast until you get a nice flavor.
- let them cool down and put the ingredients in a blender.
- add black salt and dried mango/amchur powder and make into fine powder.
- you need to add 1 tbsp of masala for this preparation.store the remaining in an air-tight container.
Boiling the vegetables
- take water in a vessel, add chopped carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, green peas and bring to boil.
- turn off the heat and strain out the water.
- let them cool down and grind into a coarse paste.
- heat 2-3 tbsp of ghee in a pan.add chopped onions, capsicum and fry until soft.
- add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor disappears.
- add tomato paste and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- later add salt as needed, turmeric powder, red chili powder,1 tbsp of pav bhaji masala and mix well.
- add mixed vegetable paste, mix well and add 1 to 2 cups of water to lighten the gravy.
- put 20 grams of butter and cook for 5 minutes or until the oil separates.
- cut the pav buns in half and roast them with butter on both sides.
- serve hot with bhaji topped with chopped coriander, lemon, and butter.
Leave a Reply