Schezwan Chicken Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This is a very tasty Chinese recipe.though it is a little spicy, it’s texture and irresistible taste compels us to have more and more.In India, it is mostly prepared at fast food centers and in some Chinese restaurants than at homes.the street hawkers usually prepare this recipe with small boneless chicken pieces.they marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, corn flour and deep fry them and keep the pieces ready.when a customer asks for the particular item, they immediately put the chicken pieces with the respective ingredients and prepare the dish within minutes.the Chinese items are usually prepared on high flame and the chicken pieces are tossed continuously until they get a nice smokey flavor.
last week while I was searching online for the meat, I found these tender chicken thighs and ordered immediately.first I thought to make pan fried garlic chicken thighs.but my daughter suggested me this recipe.she told me that she saw a chef pouring the wine on the chicken in some food channel.so she told me to add apple cider vinegar instead.I pretended like I was listening to that first time and that she gave me an excellent idea.I felt very happy that she has a little knowledge of cooking(I wonder how she knows that the wine can be substituted with vinegar).so I had to put the vinegar and schezwan sauce to the pre-marinated chicken.it turned out really good and she enjoyed the recipe.I have added just 2 tbsp of schezwan chutney as my daughter’s spice tolerance is low.but you can add up to 1/4 cup or even more according to your taste.the real taste comes out when you roast the chicken on high flame.the schezwan chutney sticks to the bottom.let it stick just for few seconds and then scrape the pan before it gets burnt.
you can prepare the same recipe with normal boneless chicken pieces.the vegetarians can use Paneer instead.you can add a pinch of mixed dry herbs and sprinkle few sesame seeds before serving.I hope you try and enjoy this mouthwatering recipe.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
- 400 grams chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 10 garlic cloves (small)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp schezwan chutney
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- rinse the chicken thoroughly and keep aside.
- make the garlic cloves into a paste and keep aside.
- apply salt, pepper powder, garlic paste to the chicken thigh pieces and leave for about 30 minutes.
- heat up a heavy bottomed pan, add olive oil.
- when the oil is hot, place the chicken thigh pieces in the pan.
- roast on both sides for 3 minutes.
- cover and cook for 5-7 minutes each side.
- open the lid, mix for once, add apple cider vinegar and schezwan chutney.
- flip the pieces until the pieces are nicely coated with the schezwan chutney.
- roast on high flame for 3-5 minutes flipping both sides.
- the chutney should stick to the bottom of the pan but don't let it burn.
- keep scraping the pan to avoid over burning.
- turn off the flame and take them into a serving plate.
- pour the oily schezwan gravy over the thigh pieces.
- sprinkle 1/2 white sesame seeds and chopped coriander before serving.
Video version of Schezwan Chicken Recipe