Kadai Paneer Recipe with step by step instructions.
Kadai Paneer is restaurant style rich gravy recipe. I prepare it at least once a week for dinner. to be honest I don’t follow the below instructions for my recipe. usually, I mix all the ingredients including onions together in the morning and put in the refrigerator. I take it out 30 minutes before cooking and prepare the curry by simply adding it to the melted butter. it is unconventional but, believe me, it tastes really good. it saves a lot of time. moreover, we don’t need to stand continuously and monitor while cooking.
to get tasty and soft paneer we need to soften the frozen paneer before marinating. put the frozen paneer in Boiled water(add salt) for 5 to 7 minutes, strain out the water and then marinate the pieces. leave the marinade for 5 to 10 minutes and cook or you can keep in the refrigerator for later use. you can also add cashew nut paste to the gravy. adding 1/4 cup cashew nut paste enhances the taste of the recipe.it tastes exactly like restaurant style Kadai paneer. which can be served with naans, roti, phulkas or any flavored rice item like vegetable pulao.
you may also like
Text version of Kadai Paneer
- 200 grams paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 diced capsicum
- 2 medium-sized diced onions
- 2 tomatoes pureed
- salt to taste
- 10 cashew nuts
- 25 grams butter
- 1 cup yogurt or cream
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 pods cardamom
- Heat a pan and add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cardamom and fennel seeds, and dry roast until you get a nice flavor of the spices.
- put them in a spice blender and make into a coarse powder
- cover the masala until you use it to keep the flavors.
- heat a Kadai, add butter and fry cashew nuts and take them out.
- add onions, green bell peppers, salt and sauté till they become soft.
- when they become soft, add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavor is gone.
- next, add Kadai paneer masala and mix well.
- add tomato purée stir it for a while, add water.
- add garam masala and cook until the gravy thickens.
- add freshly chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves and turn off the heat.