Stuffed chillies recipe with step by step instructions
large green chillies are widely used in India in many dishes starting from snacks like mirchi bajji/pakora,cut mirchi bajji,stuffed mirchi to curries like mirchi ka salan,mirchi masala etc.these green chillies aren’t hot in taste.even the children would like to eat them.
I have used paneer for stuffing in this recipe.it can be served as a snack or side dish for rotis.adjust the spices according to your taste.you can add 1 tbsp of red chilli powder if you like eating spicy. tamarind paste can be replaced with amchur powder/dry mango powder.
sprinkle some salt and squeeze out a lemon before serving.you can also add cheese just before serving.for that,take cheese slices and cut them in half.place each half on the chillies and microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or until the cheese melts.try and enjoy… 🙂
Text version of stuffed chillies
- large green chillies – 8 to 10
- paneer/cottage cheese – 200 grams
- chopped onions – 2 (85 grams)
- chopped green chillies – 2
- potato – 1 medium
- coriander chopped – 1/2 cup
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
- salt – as needed
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tsp or 1 tbsp
- chat masala – 1/2 or 1 tsp
- cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- sugar – 1/4 tsp(optional)
- oil – 5 to 6 tsp
- rinse the green chillies and pat dry.
- make a length wise slit on each Chile.
- remove the seeds,fibers and keep aside.
- take a potato,peel off the skin and grate it.
- squeeze out the moisture from it and keep aside.
- grate paneer/cottage and keep aside.
- chop onions,green chillies and keep aside.
- heat up the pan,add 2-3 tsp of oil.
- add chopped onions,green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- add ginger garlic paste,grated potato,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- then add turmeric powder,salt,chat masala,cumin powder,red chili powder,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
- fill all the green chillies with paneer stuffing.
- heat a skillet,add 3-4 tsp of oil.
- put the green chillies into the skillet carefully.
- roast them covered for 2-3 minutes.
- later flip them over and roast again.
- turn off the heat.sprinkle a little salt and squeeze a lemon on the chillies before you serve.
Video version of stuffed chillies