Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This would be the best option for bachelors.it tastes exactly like normal authentic biryani.unlike normal biryani, you can cook rice and chicken together without pre-boiling the rice.this reduces a lot of cooking time and attention.But the only thing you need to keep in mind is that the rice becomes mushy if you add water more than required.
for example, if you take 3 cups of rice you need to add 5 cups of water.but the chicken marinade already contains some moisture.so you need to keep that in mind while adding the remaining water.if the water oozed out from the marinade is 2 cups approximately, then 3 cups of water are enough.
you can also prepare the chicken marinade on previous day night and keep in the refrigerator.you can surprise your unexpected guests by preparing this quick, easy and tasty dish.tastes good when served with Mirchi ka Salan and Raita.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
Hara Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Fish Dum Biryani Recipe
Chicken Pot Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Prawns Biryani Recipe
Mutton Biryani Recipe
Text Version of Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani Recipe
- 2 1-inch cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- ½ piece mace
- 2 kapok buds/Marathi Moggu
- 1 star anise
- 4 cardamoms
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1/8 piece nutmeg
- 1 tsp Shahi jeera/caraway seeds
- 2 biryani phool/dagad phool
- 650 grams chicken
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp biryani masala
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ lemon
- 400 grams basmati rice
- 2 medium onions very thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- Salt as required
- 3 tbsp ghee
- All whole garam masala spices
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1/8 cup fried onions
- Dry roast cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, cloves, star anise, mace, nutmeg, biryani phool, fennel seeds, Shahi jeera, kapok buds for a minute and make them into a fine powder.
- Take a mixing bowl. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, biryani masala, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, yogurt and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and mix again.
- Leave the marinade for 1 hour.
- Soak rice after 30 minutes of soaking the chicken marinade.
- Soak it for 30 minutes. Rinse well before cooking.
- Heat a pressure cooker.
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee and 4 tbsp of oil.
- Put all the whole garam masala spices and sauté for a minute.
- Add very thinly sliced onions and sauté until they turn brown.
- Put the chicken marinade, mix well, cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame.
- Approximately 2 cups water oozes out from the marinade after cooking.
- Open the lid, mix for once and add the soaked rice.
- We need to add 5 cups of water to 3 cups of rice.so 3 cups of water are enough as there is already 2 cups of water in the chicken.
- Taste the water for salt and add it as required.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves, fried onions.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook up to 3 whistles and turn off the flame.
Video Version of Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani Recipe