Gobi Biryani Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This recipe would be the best option for vegetarians who like biryani.even the non-vegetarians take vegetarian food during the months of Sravan and Karthik.biryani lovers can have vegetable biryani during these months.mixed vegetable biryani tastes too good.but all the vegetables may not be available when you want to make biryani.then you can make it just by using cauliflower.the taste is very much similar to the normal chicken biryani.cooking procedure is also the same except the cauliflower florets are blanched before marination.
blanching removes the pesticide residues and also softens the florets.but do not boil more than 3 minutes.otherwise, the florets may turn mushy.you can also add carrots and green peas if available.you need to boil them along with cauliflower florets.make sure that the biryani is not overcooked.leave the biryani for 15-20 minutes after you turn off the flame.this tastes good when served with khatta and raita.I hope you try and enjoy this tasty Cauliflower Biryani.
you may also like
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
Hara Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Fish Dum Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Vegetable Dum Biryani Recipe
Soya Chunks Pulao Recipe
Beetroot Pulao Recipe
Text Version of Gobi Biryani Recipe
- 250 grams cauliflower florets
- 500 ml water
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- ½ piece mace
- 1 tsp shahi jeera/caraway seeds
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- ½ piece star anise
- 4 to 5 petals dagad phool/black stone flower
- 250 grams basmati rice
- 1- liter water for boiling
- All whole garam masala spices
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt as per the taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp biryani masala
- 2 tsp chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 3/4 cup mint leaves/Pudina
- 1/4 cup fried onions
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 tsp ghee
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1/8 cup fried onions
- Aluminium foil to cover the pot
- soak cauliflower florets in salt water for 10 minutes and rinse well.
- Bring 500 ml water to a boil and leave the florets into the boiling water.
- Boil them for 3 minutes, strain out the water and keep aside.
- Put Shahi jeera, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, mace, star anise, dagad phool in a grinding jar and make into a fine powder.
- Soak 250 grams of basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.rinse well before use.
- In a mixing bowl, add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, fried onions, mint leaves, yogurt and mix well.
- Add boiled cauliflower florets and mix again.keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Take 1-liter water in a bowl, add whole garam masala spices, bay leaf, enough salt and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add the soaked rice.
- Water stops to boil after adding rice so bring it to a boil again.
- Cook for 3 minutes from the boiling point, turn off the flame and strain out the water.
- Add 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed cooking pot.
- put the cauliflower marinade and set it evenly.
- Add the half-boiled rice and top it with some fresh mint leaves, 2 tsp of ghee and fried onions.
- Cover the pot with an aluminium foil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on low medium heat and turn off the flame.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes before you serve.
Video Version of Gobi Biryani Recipe