Puffed Rice Mixture Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Puffed Rice Mixture is very popular street food across India.It is called with different names in different regions and also made with slight changes.This is an easy, very tasty, healthy snack item.In north India, it is called as Bhel to which a little green chutney, meetha, mashed potatoes, papdi, and dahi are added usually.
My recipe is similar to the Hyderabadi style mixture which we can find at Necklace road.a little variation is, they add fried corn flakes and poha.In Andhra, it is called as Muntha Masala or Pidatha kinda Pappu to which roasted Kala Chana or fried gram are added.Mirchi bajji Muntha masala is another variation in which finely chopped Mirchi bajji is added.
we can’t predict the hunger of our children.especially their hunger increases during vacations.That is called timepass Hunger.Just kidding :).so if we keep this puffed rice readily available at home then we can make this tasty and tempting snack within 5 minutes.everybody can have this.even the diabetic people can also have this.if you want you can make it a little healthier by adding some chopped keera/cucumber and grated carrot.
better you serve this snack immediately after making.otherwise, the crispy puffed rice may turn soft and may not taste good.so add all the dry ingredients first and mix well.later, add rest of the ingredients like tomato, onions, keera etc.I hope you try and enjoy this super easy and yummy snack item.
you may also like
Text Version of Puffed Rice Mixture Recipe
- 2 to 3 cups Puffed Rice/Maramaralu
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 medium tomato deseeded and chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt as needed
- 1/3 cup peanuts roasted and peeled
- 1/3 cup fine Sev
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 lemon
- Take a mixing bowl, add 2 to 3 cups of puffed rice.
- Add chopped onions, green chili, coriander leaves, red chili powder, salt, chat masala, roasted & peeled peanuts, fine sev, deseeded and chopped tomato, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and mix well.
- Take into serving plates and sprinkle some fine sev and roasted peanuts on the top and serve.
Video Version of Puffed Rice Mixture Recipe