Thotakura Pesara Pappu Fry Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
This is a very quick and easy method of cooking Amaranthus/Thota Kura.Amaranthus consists of mud and sand.So you need to wash the leaves carefully.otherwise, you have to choose the sand :).I had boiled the chopped amaranthus leaves before frying.After boiling, the leaves may lose nutrients.So I had boiled them for just 2 minutes and stir-fried only for a minute.
If we don’t boil the leaves the fry smells and tastes raw.you can also use Tuvar Dal instead of Split Moong Dal.The Dal should be cooked perfectly but should still retain the shape.you need to add the amaranthus to the boiling dal after the dal is completely cooked.And cook for two minutes.you need to strain out the water immediately.the strained water can be used to make soup or you can cook rice with that water.you can add some salt and drink the strained out water directly.this fry tastes good when served with hot rice and ghee.I hope you try this recipe.
you may also like
Cabbage Moong Dal Fry Recipe
Dondakaya/Tindora Fry Recipe
Bhindi/Okra Fry Recipe
Beetroot Coconut Fry Recipe
Broadbeans Fry Recipe
Mushroom Masala Fry Recipe
Aloo Fry Recipe
Aloo Baingan Matar Fry Recipe
Text Version of Thotakura Pesara Pappu Fry
- 200 grams Thota Kura/Amaranthus
- ¼ cup or 50 g moong dal/green gram skinless & split
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp red chili powder
- Salt as required
- 2 tsp oil
- Water to boil the Dal & Amaranthus
- Rinse Amaranthus carefully for 2 to 3 times or under running water until the mud & sand is completely removed. Chop the Amaranthus and keep aside.
- Rinse and soak split moong dal for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a vessel and pour enough water for boiling.
- Add the soaked moong dal/split green gram and bring to a boil.
- Boil until the dal is perfectly cooked.
- Add the chopped Amaranthus/Thota Kura and boil for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and strain out the water completely.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chili, chopped garlic cloves, curry leaves and fry until they stop to sizzle.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add the boiled moong dal & Amaranthus and mix well.
- Mix continuously for a minute and turn off the flame.
Video Version of Thotakura Pesara Pappu Fry