Tindora Chutney Andhra Style Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
most of the Andhra people like to prepare the chutneys with tomatoes, ridge gourd, brinjal, kenaf leaves/gongura.Tindora/Ivy gourd/Dondakaya is mostly used to prepare fry more than the chutney.I prepare this tindora chutney occasionally.I picked 2 kgs of fresh Tindora from our neighbor farm.I prepared tindora fry with some and chutney with some.My mother and grandmother used to prepare chutney with Tindora/Dondakayalu.My paternal grandmother always prepares Pickle with Tindora.she tells me to post the recipe on my blog.I’m going to meet her next week.I will get the recipe from her and post it very soon.
you can adjust the number of green chilies according to your taste.some green chilies taste too spicy.so check before adding to the chutney.adding peanuts and sesame seeds is optional.you can skip tadka also.This chutney tastes really amazing when served with hot rice and ghee.I hope you try and enjoy this yummy chutney.
you may also like
Tomato Pudina Chutney Recipe
Ridge gourd Tomato Chutney Recipe
Baingan/Brinjal Tomato Chutney Recipe
Plantain Curd Chutney Recipe
Tender Tamarind leaves/Chinta chiguru Chutney Recipe
Onion Chutney recipe
Coconut Chutney for Rice Recipe
Snake gourd curd chutney Recipe
Text version of Tindora chutney Andhra Style
- 250 grams Tindora/Dondakayalu
- 50 to 60 grams green chilies
- 10 grams tamarind
- 1 tsp cumin seeds/Jeera
- 1 tsp split Bengal gram/Chana Dal
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black gram/Urad dal
- 2 tbsp peanuts(optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds/Til (optional)
- Salt as per the taste
- 5 tsp oil
- ¼ cup Chopped coriander
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp Chana dal
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- Rinse the Tindora and green chilies.
- Cut the Tindora into round slices and chop the green chilies.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, Chana Dal, Urad Dal, peanuts, sesame seeds and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped green chilies, tamarind and sauté until the green chilies change the color.
- Transfer them into a plate and add put 2 tsp oil in the pan.
- Add the sliced tindora roundels and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Put garlic cloves, sautéed green chilies, salt in the grinding jar and make into a coarse paste.
- Later, add the sautéed tindora and run the mixer grinder for 3-5 seconds.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, Chana dal, dried red chili and fry until they stop sizzling.
- Add curry leaves, Hing and fry until the leaves stop spluttering.
- turn off the flame and pour the Tadka over the chutney.
Video version of Tindora chutney Andhra Style