During the early days of my marriage, I used to buy coriander powder from the market. I always felt like adding saw powder to my recipes. no aroma, no taste. I told the same to my father-in-law once when he came. He suggested me not to buy it in the market again. He told me the method of its preparation at home. That was the first time I tasted the real aroma of dhania powder/coriander powder. I asked him “Uncle! where did you get this recipe from?”. He told me that he was from a very big family of 14 children of which he is the elder son. So he had to help his mother in cooking.
Text version of Dhania powder
- coriander seeds- 200 grams
- cumin seeds-2 tablespoons
- mustard seeds-2 tbsp
- fenugreek seeds -1 tsp
- black peppers -1 tbsp
- dry roast all the ingredients.
- keep them aside for some time and let them cool down.
- put them in a spice grinder and make into a fine powder.
- store in air tight container.