Text version of Mushroom masala fry
Mushroom Fry-how to prepare quick mushroom masala fry
Recipe Type: Main
- button mushrooms – 200 grams
- onions – 3 medium
- slit green chillies – 2
- ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- salt – as required
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 3/4 tsp
- coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- chopped spring onions – 2 tbsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- oil – 4 tbsp
- rinse mushrooms thoroughly.remove the dirt.
- make onions into paste and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan,add onion paste and sauté for 3 minutes.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor goes away.
- add slit green chillies,turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder and mix well.
- add mushrooms and mix again.
- cover it and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- add garam masala,give it a mix and cook for 3 minutes.
- add chopped spring onions,chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Mushroom masala fry
Hi.. I stumbled upon this recipe and got all thrilled to make it. It looked so simple and interesting. Unfortunately the raw taste of onion paste is still there despite of cooking to the time you suggested. Also the proportion of masala seems too less for 3 medium sized onions. I am sure I might have something wrong but some suggestion could really help me??
Hi dear Dennize!probably you might have not used enough oil while sauteing onion paste.or i think your medium-sized onions are like our big onions here in India.adding extra onion paste could also be a reason. anyway i need to say thanks to you,because your comment made me realize one thing that,in my future posts ,i need to mention the Qty by weight not by size.Thank you very much for that 🙂 . please try this recipe again with 2 small onions and use same qty of garam masala.hope my suggestion helps you.bye.