Butter cookies are very quick and easy. tasty and tempting snack item.I used egg for this cookies.but you skip adding eggs.
I make cookies very often. they are my daughter’s favorite. so this time I have decided to post the recipe. I baked this Butter cookies for 20 mins at 180 °centigrade. but 15 minutes of baking is enough for them. the difference is ,they will be little soft and white in color. first I baked them for 15 minutes.the following is the picture.
whenever I shoot a video , I send the picture of final output of the recipe( taken with my mobile) to Sachin(my husband) while he is in office. he is a critic for my recipes. this time also I sent him the picture through Whatsapp. He replied me “Darling Idlis are very nice,but where is the chutney”. Ohhhh! I growled at him and baked them for 5 more minutes. but i chuckled at his comment…..keep cooking…keep smiling….enjoy …. 🙂
Text version of Butter cookies
- All purpose flour/maida – 200 grams
- powdered sugar – 100 grams
- baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg -1
- vanilla essence – 1/4 teaspoon
- unsalted butter – 60 grams
- take a mixing bowl,add all-purpose flour,powdered sugar,baking powder and mix well.
- add butter and mix again.
- break an egg into a bowl,beat it for two minutes.
- add vanilla essence to beaten egg and mix again.
- pour the egg beat into flour.
- knead the flour into a soft dough.
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- meanwhile divide the dough into equal parts(lemon sized) and press them into thick flat round shape and place them on a baking tray.
- bake them for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Video version of Butter cookies
How can we prepare butter cookies on stove ??
Hi Rehana!yes you can prepare on stove… here is the link http://www.foodvedam.com/fried-biscuits/ .Sorry for the delay……..