Cabbage Moong dal fry recipe with step by step instructions.
you may also like Dondakaya Fry, Bhindi Fry, Beetroot fry.
Text version of Cabbage Moong dal fry
Cabbage Moong dal fry – Pesarapappu cabbage fry recipe
Recipe Type: Main
- chopped cabbage – 325 grams
- moong dal/peeled split green gram – 1/3 cup
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- salt – as required
- turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- cloves – 3
- chopped coriander – 1/4 cup
- curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- chopped green chilies – 3
- oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- chop cabbage and soak in salt water for 15 minutes.
- rinse under running water and keep aside.
- take water in a vessel and heat until it begins to boil.
- when the water starts to boil, add moong dal, chopped cabbage and boil for 5 minutes.
- turn off the heat and strain out the water.squeeze out the water.
- heat oil in a pan.add cloves, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, mix well and fry for a minute.
- add boiled cabbage and moong dal and fry for 3-5 minutes on simmer.
- turn off the heat after adding the chopped coriander leaves.
Video version of Cabbage Moong dal fry
Leave a Reply