Chicken Chinta Chiguru┬ is a popular Andhra cuisine. In this recipe chicken is cooked with tender tamarind leaves.these leaves are only available during spring season.few other recipes with tender tamarind leaves are Chinta chiguru pachadi(chutney)┬á, Chinta chiguru mamsam(mutton) and chinta chiguru pappu(dal) . I have used ┬áboneless chicken thigh pieces for this preparation.Try this recipe and please don’t forget to share and comment if you like the recipe…. čÖé
Text version of Chicken chinta chiguru
- boneless chicken(thigh cut) – 500 grams
- tender tamarind leaves – 150 grams
- desiccated coconut – 2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- chopped onions – 2
- green chillies – 3
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chili powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- garam masala – a pinch
- salt – to taste
- oil – 4 or 5 tbsp
- cinnamon sticks – 2
- cardamom – 2
- cloves – 3
- remove the stalks from tender tamarind leaves,rinse thoroughly and keep aside.
- heat 4 to 5 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- add cinnamon sticks,cardamom and cloves.
- add chopped onions,green chillies and fry until translucent.
- add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor disappears.
- add chicken,mix well.cover it up with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- after 5 minutes,add turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder and mix well.
- cover again and cook for 12-15 minutes on medium heat.
- add garam masala and desiccated coconut and mix again.
- add tender tamarind leaves.soon the leaves start to shrink.
- fry until the moisture in the leaves disappear.
- turn off the heat.
- roast 1/4 of split cashew nuts in 1 tsp of oil and put them in chicken fry.
Video┬áversion of┬áChicken chinta chiguru