grilled chicken on charcoal tastes very good.i like the smoky flavor of the chicken.there are many variations of grilled chicken and this is the basic method.we bought Prestige Barbecue grill from Amazon.we prepared this recipe many times since we bought it. specially, when we visit our farm land.we shot the below video at our farm house.the villagers over there gathered around drooling over it.one villager said “my doc advised me to eat only this kind of chicken. we chuckled and distributed all the chicken.
for best results soak the marinade overnight.keep adding olive oil while grilling to prevent the moisture from escaping.otherwise the chicken will become hard.tastes good when served with cheese dip or mayonnaise.
Text version of grilled chicken
- boneless chicken – 750 grams
- barbecue masala – 3 tsp
- ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- yogurt – 1/2 cup
- lemon – 1
- salt – as needed
- olive oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
- rinse chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
- add salt,barbecue masala,ginger garlic paste,yogurt,lemon and mix well.
- leave the marinade for one hour.
- take charcoal into bowl
- drizzle some kerosene and lit fire.
- wait until the fire stops
- Place the charcoal grate
- take metal skewers and thread chicken pieces on to them.
- place the skewers on the charcoal grill.
- grill them on each side for 5 minutes.Brush the chicken with olive oil each time to prevent the moisture(in the meat) from escaping.otherwise the chicken will become hard.
- it takes about 20-25 minutes for the chicken to get cooked properly.
Video version of grilled chicken