Kulfi is a tempting Indian dessert with many variations and Paan Kulfi is one of them. I tasted this at one popular restaurant and liked it very much. For this recipe mawa, sugar, chopped nuts, and corn starch are added to boiling milk. For traditional paan kulfi …the pan mix is prepared separately with betel leaves, cardamoms, fennel seeds, and Gulkhand….etc. to make it easier I have added ready to use sweet paan mix bought from the supermarket. The taste was really amazing and it’s a must try recipe.
you may also like
Text version of Paan Kulfi
Paan Kulfi with nuts –
Recipe Type: Dessert
- full cream milk – 1 liter
- mawa/khoya/Kova – 200 grams
- paan mix – 3 tbsp
- chopped pistachios – 2 tbsp
- chopped cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- chopped almonds – 2 tbsp
- cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
- sugar – 3/4 cup
- corn flour – 2 tbsp
- water – 2tbsp
- grate 200 grams of khova/mawa and keep aside.
- chop the pistachios, almonds and cashew nuts and keep aside.
- mix 2 tbsp of corn starch with 2 tbsp of water to prepare corn starch.
- take ready to use paan mix and keep aside.
- take a thick and heavy bottomed pan.
- pour water into the pan and bring to boil.
- when the milk starts to raise, keep stirring the milk.
- then add khova/mawa and mix until it dissolves.
- add sugar and mix again.
- add corn starch, cardamom powder and mix well.
- cook for 10 – 15 minutes on medium heat or until the milk thickens(keep mixing continuously).
- turn off the heat. add paan mix and mix well.
- let it cool down to room temperature.
- pour the kulfi mixture into moulds.
- place the moulds in the deep freezer and leave overnight or at least for 5-6 hours.
Video version of Paan Kulfi
I love your recipes. Everyone in my family loves kulfi,I want to try this recipe. Are there any substitutes for moya?
Also are the small tinned pan mix ok to use?
I think I will have problems finding these ingredients in the UK.
Hi!Tia. Thank you… 🙂
You can use the same quantity of condensed milk instead.and add 2 tbsp of corn flour(dissolved in 3 tbsp of milk)…
yes, you can use tinned pan mix.just the pan flavor is important.
hope my suggestions may help you :).
i followed the steps as per recipe but little taste is different some where i missed need to check next time but very useful
I found your recipes yummy! There’s a small typo in this recipe – step 6 mentions onions, that must have crept in as typo! Do correct it , thanks !
Hi, Updated the Instructions. Thank you.