Peanut and sesame seeds laddu is very healthy,nutritious and tasty snack items for growing kids and adults as well. Sesame seeds are rich in calcium,iron,protein,magnesium and dietary fiber. Andhra people use to give this sesame laddus to the girls at the time of puberty.
For making this laddus first you need to dry roast peanuts and bring them to room temperature and peel off their skins.next you need to dry roast sesame seeds until they start spluttering.let them cool down.do the same with barley seeds.
In the video below i made them into light coarse powders and mixed with jaggery syrup. The reason why I made them into coarse powders was- if you try to grind them(peanuts and sesame) too much,the oil comes out from them. And you need to consume them within a week otherwise you will get some sort of oily smell.
If you want to prepare them for elders or kids they may not able chew them. So i suggest you to make them into fine powders and prepare in small quantities whenever you need.NOTE:There is a little difference between laddus in the video and the pictures below as i updated this post with latest pictures.
Text version of Peanut and sesame seeds laddu
- Sesame seeds-200g
- water-1/4 cup
- ghee(clarified butter)-1 tbsp
- dry roast peanuts,let them cool down and peel their skins off.
- also dry roast sesame seeds until they start spluttering.
- dry roast barley until they turn into golden brown color.
- grind peanuts and sesame seeds into a coarse powder and barley into fine powder one at a time.
- heat a thick bottomed kadai,add jaggery and quarter cup of water.
- stir continuously and bring to a boil.
- add coarsely grounded powders, stir continuously til you ladoo consistency.
- let it cool down. apply ghee to your palms, take equal portions of the mixture and make ladoos.
- store them in air tight container.
Video version of Peanut and sesame seeds laddu
Leave a Reply