Methi Paneer Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Methi Chicken is one of our favorite chicken recipes.I heard about the curry but never tried thinking that it would taste bitter.once when we were traveling on the highway, we had this curry in a hotel beside the road.The moment we tasted it we really loved it.The chef prepared the curry with butter, cashew nuts, fresh methi(fenugreek leaves) and boneless chicken.it was really superb.From that day whenever we go on that way, we stop there and have the same food(Methi chicken with phulkas) always.I requested to call the chef out.we greeted him.I asked him the recipe and prepared at home later.posted the recipe also.you can see the link below.
Methi Paneer is the vegetarian version of methi chicken.Ingredients are almost same.The cooking process is also almost the same except marinating the chicken.here for this recipe we need to soak the paneer in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes before cooking.paneer will turn so soft and absorbs all the flavors perfectly.Otherwise, it may turn a little rubbery and doesn’t absorb the flavors and spices in the curry.fresh fenugreek leaves/methi may not be available all the time.so you can use dried fenugreek leaves instead.This recipe tastes good with puri, chapati, phulkas or vegetable pulao.I hope you try this recipe :).
you may also like
Kasuri Methi Chicken Curry Recipe
Garlic Paneer Recipe
Kaju Mushroom Masala Recipe
Aloo Korma Recipe
Mushroom Masala Fry Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Sambar Recipe
Chamagadda Pulusu/Arbi gravy Curry recipe
Stuffed karela/Stuffed Bittergourd Recipe
Cabbage Moong dal fry Recipe
Text Version of Methi Paneer Recipe
- 200 g paneer/cottage cheese
- ½ cup or 10 g Kasuri methi
- 1/3 cup or 60 g green peas
- 2 medium or 100 g onions chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 150 g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/3 cup or 70 g cream
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 1- star anise
- 6 cashew nuts
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- Cut the paneer into cubes and soak in salted hot water for 15 minutes and strain out the water.
- Soak Kasuri methi in warm water, leave for 10 to 15 minutes and strain out the water.
- Preparing the Curry
- Heat oil in a pan, roast the cashew nuts until brown and keep aside.
- Add bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, cumin seeds and sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies, salt and sauté until soft.
- Put ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor is gone.
- Later, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add tomato puree, green peas, mix well and cook until the oil oozes out.
- Put the paneer pieces, mix well with the gravy and sprinkle half of the garam masala on the paneer pieces.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes so the paneer pieces could absorb all the flavors.
- Open the lid, add milk, cream, some water and mix well.
- Add the soaked Kasuri methi, remaining garam masala, mix well and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Finally, add some butter, roasted cashew nuts, coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
Video Version of Methi Paneer Recipe