Naatukodi Pulusu Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్
In my childhood, every summer I used to go to my maternal grandmother’s village.my uncles(mother’s elder brothers) used to catch and cut the chickens in our backyard to make country chicken curry for us.my aunt used to cook the curry and till today I remember that mesmerizing and tongue tickling taste.and the fact that always amazes me is she’s a pure vegetarian.so she doesn’t even touch or taste the curry while cooking, but it tastes really wonderful.
unlike broiler chicken, the country chicken meat is hard.so we need to marinate the chicken for a little longer time.like at least 2-3 hours before cooking or overnight soaking would be even better.I prefer making this curry full of gravy as the meat has a lot of bones than the flesh.my mother used to cook this curry when we were caught by a severe cold.she used to add a little more red chili powder than usual.the moment we start eating, the blocked nose becomes runny.
naatu kodi pulusu or country chicken curry tastes good when served with hot rice or Rotis or Ragi Sankati.Ragi Sankati is prepared with finger millets flour.it’s a famous Rayalaseema(a region in Andhra Pradesh) delicacy.it is very and healthy and tasty.whenever I prepare country chicken curry, I prepare this Finger millets flour dumpling.I hope you try and enjoy this amazing recipe.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Naatukodi pulusu
- 500 grams country chicken
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp poppy seeds/khus khus
- 1 tsp desiccated coconut
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 slit green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 5 tbsp oil
- 500 ml water
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- rinse chicken thoroughly.
- soak in buttermilk mixed with turmeric powder for 5 minutes.
- wash again for 2-3 times.and keep aside.
- take the chicken into a mixing bowl, add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, squeeze half a lemon and mix well.
- country chicken meat is usually harder than broiler chicken.so keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- heat up the pan, add 1 tbsp of coriander seeds, 2 cinnamon sticks, 4 cloves and dry roast until the flavor comes out.
- then add 1 tsp of poppy seeds, 1 tsp of desiccated coconut and sauté for few seconds.remove the pan from heat.
- grind the ingredients into a fine powder and keep aside.
- heat 5 tbsp of oil in a pressure pan, add chopped onions, green chilies, enough salt and sauté until onions become soft.
- add turmeric powder, 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- add the chicken marinade and mix it.
- cover the pressure pan with a normal lid and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- remove the lid, add chicken masala and mix well.
- pour about 400 to 500 ml of water.
- cover it with cooker lid and cook up to 6-7 whistles.
- wait until the pressure has gone.
- open the lid and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Video version of Naatukodi pulusu