Beetroot Pulao Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Beetroot can be used in a variety of dishes like beetroot chutney, beetroot pickle, beetroot pulao, beetroot stir fry, halwa, kheer, and salads.I make the above recipes very often.beetroot pulao is very tasty and healthy recipe.
Some people avoid beetroot in cooking because of its sweet taste.you can’t taste any sweetness after cooking beetroot pulao.some people add beetroot pieces while making pulao.but I would like to suggest you to use grated beetroot to avoid the sweet taste.
Beetroot pulao is a spicy and colorful rice recipe.it alone tastes good without any accompaniment.but tastes even better when served with onion raitha.I have used long grained/basmati rice for this preparation.but you can also use normal rice.for normal rice, the ratio of water and soaked rice should be 1:2.
you can customize the recipe as you wish.like adding potatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower or paneer(cottage cheese) white sautéing the onions.but the quantity of any extra vegetables should not exceed the main ingredient i.e beetroot.
you may also like
Raw mango rice Recipe
Mint rice/Pudina Rice Recipe
Coconut Rice Recipe
Veg pulao Recipe
Soya chunks pulao Recipe
Coriander Rice Recipe
Hyderabadi Khichdi Recipe
Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
Gobi Biryani Recipe
Text version of Beetroot Pulao Recipe
- 350 grams basmati/long grained rice
- 100 grams beetroot grated
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 3 green chilies vertically slit
- 1/3 cup fresh green peas
- 3 sprigs mint leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1- inch cinnamon stick
- 1 kapok bud/Marathi Moggu
- 1 flower mace
- ¼ flower star anise
- 4 cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
- ¼ tsp Shahi jeera/caraway seeds
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- water 1 ¼ cup for 1 cup Rice
- 1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
- 4 to 5 tsp oil
- take 350 grams of basmati rice in a bowl and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- later rinse for 2-3 times or until the starch disappears.
- heat a vessel, add 4 to 5 tsp of oil.
- add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, kapok bud, mace, star anise, peppercorns, Shahi jeera/caraway seeds, fennel seeds/saunf and fry for few seconds.
- add sliced onion, green chilies, fresh green peas and enough salt. Mix well and fry until the onions are soft.
- add turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- put grated beetroot and sauté for 2 minutes.
- add soaked basmati rice and mix well.
- pour water, add fresh mint leaves and mix again.
- cook on high heat until it starts to bubble.
- then turn the heat to simmer, cover with a lid and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
Video version Beetroot Pulao Recipe