Bamboo chicken is very tasty and tempting tribal recipe.for this you need a freshly cut bamboo stem with one end closed with node and the other end open.dry bamboo should not be used as it catches fire immediately after placing over the fire.whereas in case of fresh bamboo, the moisture in it prevents the wood from fire and helps to burn slowly.
we searched for freshly cut Bamboo at many places in Hyderabad,but didn’t find it.So i had to postpone the shooting.later when we were on the way to our farm land near vijayawada,luckily i found them .we returned back to our home on the same day in fear that they may become dry.we bought 4 pieces but used only 2 of them. the remaining two were green up to 3 days.
now a few words about the taste of Bamboo chicken.the taste was amazing.i know it is not possible for everyone to try this recipe.but it’s a must try recipe at least for once.so friends “take an excuse from your boss that you are suffering from your brother’s marriage 😉 🙂 (read this joke recently in a local magazine),plan a camping trip, and try this bamboo chicken.enjoy….
Text version of Bamboo Chicken
- boneless chicken – 350 grams
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- salt – as needed
- lemon – 1 big
- ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- oil – 4 teaspoons
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
- freshly cut green Bamboo stem – 1
- dry leaves,coconut fibres – for kindling
- firewood –
- rinse chicken thoroughly and take into a mixing bowl.
- add turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder,coriander powder,garam masala,ginger garlic paste,lemon juice,oil and mix well.
- leave the marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- place firewood on the ground.
- pour little petrol or kerosene oil on the wood.
- take few papers,dry leaves or coconut fibres and put them on the wood for kindling.
- start fire.
- take freshly cut green bamboo stems with one end closed with the node.
- rinse inner part of the bamboo thoroughly before use.
- fill 3/4th of the bamboo with chicken marinade.
- take some leafy stuff and fill the remaining 1/4th part with it.
- place it on the fire and leave for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- hold the bamboo with a pincer,remove the leafy stuff above the marinade.
- take a plate and turn the bamboo upside down over it.
Video version of Bamboo Chicken