Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
this is a very rich creamy tomato soup.if you don’t like it heavy, just skip adding the cream.I have used country tomatoes but hybrid tomatoes would taste even better as they are a little sweeter than the country tomatoes.I make soups very often for my daughter.most of the times I use ready to use soup mix.but whenever I get some free time I will try to make it on my own from the scratch.
I have added a lot of pepper powder( >1 tbsp) as I like it very spicy.I think it would taste better only if we add that much of pepper.anyway, you can add it according to your taste.if you want to enjoy the real taste of the soup, just have it after 5 to 6 hours.I observed that the taste enhances after few hours.but heat it again until warm(not hot) before you take.you can refrigerate for 2 days and use.serve it along with butter roasted bread.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
Text Version Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 350 grams tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 slices bread
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt as required
- ½ tsp sugar
- Pepper as per your taste
- 300 ml water approximately
- Rinse tomatoes thoroughly.
- Make shallow incisions in a cross shape.
- Put tomatoes and peeled onions in boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain out the water and put them in cold water immediately.
- Peel off the tomato skins.
- Cut the tomatoes and onion into pieces.
- Put them in the blender and grind until smooth.
- Cut the bread loaf into slices and roast in butter until they turn crispy and keep aside.
Mix cornflour with 100 ml water and keep aside.
Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add bay leaf, chopped garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add tomato paste and mix well.
- Pour 300 ml water and mix again.
- Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium flame.
Open the lid and add cornstarch.
- Add cream and mix them properly.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper powder, cook for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the flame.
Transfer the hot soup into a soup bowl.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes.
Add a little cream and serve hot along with the bread slices.
Video Version Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe