Ulli Karam Dosa Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
you can surprise your family members by making this tasty and very tempting Ulli Karam Dosa.street vendors charge 100 to 120 rupees for a single dosa.you can make 4 such dosas at that cost in a jiffy.I have added cheese to dosa.but you can also use grated paneer in the same way or you can just use Ulli Karam/Onion Chutney.
if your spice tolerance level is high then you can avoid using tamarind in the onion chutney.in some regions the chutney is made with raw onions.raw onions, salt and, red chili powder are ground together into a fine paste and spread on Dosa.This dosa tastes good when served hot with peanut chutney or coconut chutney.I hope you try and enjoy the recipe.
you may also like
Instant Rava Dosa Recipe
Egg Cheese Dosa Recipe
How to make Dosa Batter Recipe
Ragi Dosa Recipe
Paneer Dosa Recipe
Moong Dal Dosa/Pesarattu Recipe
How to make hotel style Mysore Bonda Recipe
How to make soft and fluffy Hotel Style Pooris
Text Version of Ulli Karam Dosa Recipe
- 3 medium onions
- 7 to 8 dried red chilies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 grams tamarind
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- Salt as needed
- 3 tsp Oil
- Dosa Batter as required
- 2 tsp oil for each do
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 100 grams grated cheese(optional)
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Roast cumin seeds and dried red chilies for a minute.
- Add the onion cubes, garlic cloves and sauté until soft.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
- Grind into a paste and keep aside.
- Season the dosa pan with a few drops of oil.
- Turn the flame to high and put 2 spoonfuls of batter on the pan and spread it in a round shape.
- Wait for 10 seconds and pour 2 tsp oil on dosa.
- Take 2 spoons of onion chutney/Ulli Karam and spread it on dosa.
- Add grated cheese and wait until it melts.
- Put some chopped coriander leaves, fold dosa and serve hot with peanut or coconut chutney.
Video Version of Ulli Karam Dosa Recipe