Text version of Fish Cakes
Fish cakes – how to prepare fish cutlets easily
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- For preparing mashed potatoes
- cubed potatoes – 200 grams
- water – 500 ml
- butter – 20 grams
- For Seasoning and Frying Fish fillets
- Fish fillet(of your choice) – 250 grams
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- crushed garlic – 2
- olive oil – 3 or 4 tsp
- For Fish cake mixture
- salt – 1/4 tsp
- white pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder – 1/4 tsp
- green chilli – 1
- mint leaves – 1 sprig
- spring onions – 1 tbsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- olive oil – 3 tbsp
- cut potatoes into cubes.
- fill half of the vessel with water and put potato cubes into it.
- keep on high flame and boil until soft.
- strain out the water from potatoes.
- heat a pan,melt 20 grams of butter,add boiled potatoes.
- mash the potatoes and keep aside.
Seasoning and frying Fish Fillet
- season the fish fillet with salt and pepper powder on both sides.
- heat oil in a skillet,add 1 crushed garlic,then add fish fillets.
- fry for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- turn off the heat and fork the fish fillet into flakes.keep aside.
Preparing Fish cake mixture
- take a bowl,add mashed potatoes,fish pieces,1/4 tsp salt.1/4 tsp white pepper powder,1/4 tsp garlic powder,chopped green chilli,chopped spring onions,chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- mix it up well.
- divide the mixture into equal portions and make into round patties.
- take one egg white and a cup of bread crumbs.
- dip each fish cake in egg white first and then in bread crumbs.
Frying Fish Cakes
- heat oil in a skillet and put fish cakes carefully.
- fry each side until crisp and golden.
Video version of Fish Cakes