Mango Chicken Fry with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
I love summer mornings.I wake up early in summer with a cup of nice coffee in my hand and lot of childhood memories in my mind.I sit on my porch and talk to the Neem tree silently seeing the tender leaves flaunting in the wind.I feel the cool breeze caressing my skin and see the rising sun.I admire the beautiful mother nature until the sun rays start pinching me.
My equation for Summer is,
Summer = enjoyable mornings + annoying afternoons + so so evenings + a lot of mangoes, Toddy palm fruits&watermelons + gallons of coconut water + Unexpectedly expected guests.
how is my equation?I think it’s just like yours.
I don’t know about the other states in India, but in both the Andhra and in some Telangana regions, chicken, lamb, and prawns are often cooked with kenaf leaves/gongura/ambadi, tender tamarind leaves/chinta chiguru, and sour unripe mangoes.tender tamarind leaves are available only during spring.mangoes are available in summer and gongura/roselle is almost available throughout the year.
the quantity of mango you need to use depends on the sourness.if the mango is too sour then 75 grams is enough or if it is medium sour then 100 grams is enough for every 300 grams of chicken.I have used chicken masala for this recipe but you can skip adding.but you need to add coriander powder instead.I made this curry without using dried red chili powder.used green chilies instead.but you can use red chili powder and skip green chilies paste.it tastes good when served with rice.I hope you try and enjoy this recipe.
you may also like
ఈ recipe తెలుగు వెర్షన్ కొరకు ఇక్కడ క్లిక్ చేయండి.
Text version of Mango chicken fry
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds/saunf
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 5 cashew nuts
- 300 grams chicken
- 100 grams peeled&grated unripe&sour mango
- 1 medium onion paste
- 7 green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- salt as required
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 5-6 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- whole garam masala spices
- heat a small pan.
add coriander seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, fennel seeds/saunf and roast them for a minute.
- while the above ingredients are still in the pan, add poppy seeds, cashew nuts and roast for half a minutes.
- transfer them into a blender and make into a fine powder.
- grind onion and green chilies together and make into a paste.
- peel off the mango skin, grate the mango flesh and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan.
- put whole garam masala spices and fry for few seconds.
- add onion paste, salt and fry until the oil oozes out.
- add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw flavor is gone.
- put the chicken into the pan and mix well.
- cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes.mix in between.
- after 15-20 minutes, add curry leaves and grated mango.
- mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes on very low flame.
- add the chicken masala powder and fry for 5 minutes.
- add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
Video version of Mango chicken fry