Methi mutton¬ is yet another tasty meat recipe which is cooked with fresh fenugreek leaves.i like cooking mutton with vegetables like cucumber,drumsticks,kenaf leaves,broad beans,tomatoes. fenugreek leaves should be added at the end of the recipe to retain the nutrients.i have added a pinch of garam masala just for a nice flavor but it is optional as whole garam masala(cloves,cardamoms,cinnamon) are added in the beginning. can be served with rotis,pulkas or rice.
You may also like
Text version of Methi mutton
- mutton/goat meat – 300 grams
- fresh fenugreek leaves – 150 grams
- chopped onions – 2
- green chillies – 3
- ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped tomatoes -2
- cardamom pods – 4
- cloves – 3
- cinnamon sticks – 2 (1 inch)
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- coriander powder – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 4 tbsp
- chopped coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- water – 2 cups
- rinse fenugreek thoroughly,separate the leaves from sprigs and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pressure pan.add whole garam masala(cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon).
- add chopped onions,green chillies and fry until transparent.
- add salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder and fry for few seconds.
- add chopped tomatoes and cook until they become mushy.
- then add mutton,mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- later pour 2-3 cups of water,cover the pressure pan with lid and cook up to 5-7 whistles.
- do not open the lid until the pressure is gone.
- open the lid,add garam masala,mix well.
- add fenugreek leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- add chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
Video version of Methi mutton