Pumpkin halwa is very easy to prepare with less ingredients. In this recipe i used sugar for making halwa. but you can use Jaggery. you can also add unsweetened condensed milk or khoya for extra taste. I didn’t use them to make a less calorie sweet.
I never used pumpkin in 12 years of my married life. but on one day when i read an article regarding the health benefits of pumpkin and it’s seeds, i started using it. Pumpkin is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins. It is also rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
Text version of Pumpkin halwa
Pumpkin halwa-gummadikaya halwa
Recipe Type: Sweet
- grated pumpkin-200g
- milk- 200ml
- ghee-3 tbsp
- cashew nuts-5/6
- Heat up the pan first,then put ghee in it.
- add nuts,roast them on a low flame and take them out.
- add grated pumpkin and saute for about 5 minutes till the raw flavor goes away.
- add milk and cook till the milk disappears.
- add sugar and cook till you get halwa consistency.
- add cardamom powder, mix it again and cook for 2 minutes.
- add roasted nuts and turn off the heat.
you can also use condensed milk or khoya for a change.
Leave a Reply