Text version of Ragi Sankati
Ragi Sankati – How to prepare finger millets porridge
- Ragi/finger millets flour – 1/3 cup
- rice – 2 tbsp
- water – 2 cups
- salt – to taste
- ghee/clarified butter – 1 tsp
- ginger chopped – 1/2 tsp(optional)
- green chilli chopped – 1(optional)
- soak 2 tbsp of rice in water for 15 – 30 minutes in a bowl.
- later rinse the soaked rice and keep aside.
- heat up a thick bottomed vessel and pour 2 cups of water.
- bring the water to a boil.
- add soaked rice and cook until it is 80% done.
- add chopped ginger and green chilli and mix well.
- add finger millets/ragi flour and mix well.
- add 1 tsp of ghee/clarified butter and keep mixing until it turns into pudding consistency.