Rava Vada Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Rava vada is a tasty and tempting breakfast or evening snack recipe for which the batter is prepared with upma rava/semolina/suji and yogurt and deep-fried in oil.they are very tasty and easy to prepare.no soaking and grinding are required for this recipe.they can be prepared instantly.the outcome of the recipe depends on how you mix the batter.the batter shouldn’t be too runny or too hard.leave the batter for 15-20 minutes.semolina/suji absorbs the moisture in the yogurt and becomes little hard.so you may need to add a little water to bring it to the correct consistency.
you need to add baking soda to get the perfect result.baking soda and yogurt help for quick fermentation.so the vadas will be crispy from outside and fluffy inside.these vadas can be served with coconut chutney or peanut/tomato or sweet ginger chutney….or they taste good even without any accompaniment.I hope you try and enjoy the recipe.
you may also like
Text versions of Rava Vada Recipe
- 1 cup semolina/sooji/ Bombay rava
- ½ cup chopped onions
- salt as needed
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp chopped ginger
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- A pinch baking soda
- ½ cup yogurt
- oil for deep-frying
- cut the onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger and keep aside.
- take a mixing bowl, add 1 cup of semolina/sooji/upma rava.
- add salt as needed, 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds and a pinch of baking soda.
- put the chopped onions, green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger and mix well.
- add 1/2 cup of yogurt and mix.
- then add yogurt little by little until you get the correct consistency.
- the batter should not be runny or too hard.
- leave the batter for 15-20 minutes and later mix the batter again.
- heat oil for deep-frying.
- when the oil is hot, take a lemon-sized batter, make into flat round shape.
- leave them into oil carefully.
- deep-fry (on medium heat) the vadas until they turn into nice golden brown color. Flip them in between.
Video versions of Rava Vada Recipe