wheat bran cookies are healthy and nutritious.wheat bran is a very good source of Dietary Fiber.This is the first time I used wheat bran for making cookies. I wasn’t sure about the outcome but they came out really good.I have used little all-purpose flour,but next time I’m planning to use oats instead flour to make them more healthier (one of my YouTube friends suggested me this combination).
i felt heavy after eating one cookie and didn’t feel any hungry for longer time.so i think probably it would be the best diet for those who are planning to lose weight.you can skip adding eggs(for vegetarians).but add enough quantity of milk to mix the dough.the dough should be hard like chapati dough. Try and enjoy….. 🙂
you may also like Fried biscuits , Butter cookies , Orange and coconut cake , Banana cake with leftover bread…..
Text version of Wheat bran cookies
- wheat bran – 150 grams
- all-purpose flour – 100 grams
- brown sugar – 200 grams
- butter – 120 grams
- eggs – 2
- cashew nuts – 20 grams
- almonds – 20 grams
- pistachios – 10 grams
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- baking soda – 1 tbsp
- milk – 1/4 cup(optional)
- nutella spread – for serving(optional)
- grind cashew nuts,almonds,pistachios and cardamom seeds in a blender for just 2 seconds.keep aside.
- take a mixing bowl,add butter(at room temperature),brown sugar and whisk until fluffy.
- break eggs into the cream and mix again.
- add wheat bran,all-purpose flour,dry nuts powder,baking soda and mix into dough.
- here you can add little milk if necessary(if the dough becomes too hard).
- line the cookie tray with parchment paper.
- grease it with butter or olive oil.
- take 1 tbsp of dough each time and flatten them to desired shape.
- pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 C.
- bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
- take them out of oven and let them cool down.
Video version of Wheat bran cookies
Leave a Reply