French Beans tomato curry with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
French beans are one of those vegetables which I don’t like to eat. I never ate them before my marriage. But my husband likes them. He insisted me to cook them for him. So I had to do. I slowly started eating them. but still, I don’t like them. I use them more for making vegetable pulao and cutlet than for the curry.
First time when I cooked beans with tomato it was a failure. Because I don’t know beans need a little longer time to get cooked. I added tomatoes after sautéing beans for 2-3 minutes. But once tomato is added, there is no chance of beans getting cooked. I felt like eating raw, crunchy beans with tomato. beans need to be cooked for at least 15 -20 minutes on medium flame. When they become soft, you can add tomatoes.
if you add tomatoes before the beans are fully done, they(beans) won’t get cooked and they taste like eating raw beans. If you have a busy schedule and have no time to cook for such a long time, you can cut the beans in the night and store them in the refrigerator. To reduce the cooking time you can boil the beans before you start the actual recipe. Microwave tomatoes for 5 minutes while sautéing beans with the onions. and then add them to the beans and cook until the gravy thickens. this curry tastes good with rice and Chapatis.
you may also like
Drumstick tomato curry
Ridge gourd tomato curry
Indian Broad beans tomato curry
Tomato Scrambled egg curry
Thotakura Pesara Pappu Fry Recipe
Methi Paneer Recipe
Arbri Gravy Curry/Chamagadda Pulusu Recipe
Cabbage Moongdal Fry/Cabbage Pesara Pappu Fry Recipe
Stuffed Karela Recipe
Text version of French Beans Tomato curry
- 300 grams French beans de-stringed and chopped
- 2 medium-sized onions chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- salt as per the taste
- 4 to 5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup coriander chopped
- heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, green chilies, salt and saute until they become soft.
- when they become soft add turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw flavor goes away.
- add red chili powder and mix well.
add the chopped French beans, cover it and cook until they become soft.
- next, add tomatoes and mix again.
- put coriander powder, mix it again and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- add the chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.