Momos chutney is very spicy dipping sauce prepared with dried red chillies and garlic cloves. This extremely spicy chutney goes well with subtle flavored momos.When I published it on my YouTube channel I typed it as “Red chilli and garlic hot chutney for Moms ” by mistake.one of the viewers commented on my mistake. 🙂 lol .corrected it immediately.
Text version of Momos Chutney
Red chilli and garlic chutney for Momos
- dried red chillies – 6 or 7
- garlic cloves – 5 or 6
- tomatoes – 2
- salt – to taste
- sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- take dried red chillies and wipe clean with a cloth.
- remove the stalks and tear them into pieces.
- remove the skin on garlic cloves.
- cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- take a saucepan and fill with half full of water.
- add tomato pieces and dried red chilli pieces.
- keep the saucepan on high flame and bring to boil.
- turn off the heat when the skin of tomatoes starts to separate.
- strain out the water.
- peel off the skin on tomatoes.
- transfer the contents to mixer jar.
- add garlic cloves,salt and sugar.
- make into paste.
Pl do not cut the tomatoes before boiling. Bring the water to boil, switch off the flame and add whole tomatoes and put the lid on the pan. Wait for 5 minutes, drain the water and run the hot tomatoes under cold water and peel the skin. Rest of the process is OK.