Prawns Pulao Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
when you get bored of regular pulao, chicken and mutton curries you can try this spicy and flavorful Prawns Pulao Recipe.This can be prepared very easily.you can surprise your guests with this amazing recipe.
I suggest you to use big prawns rather than using small prawns.Usually, the prawns will shrink down after cooking.so the small prawns become even small.if possible try to use big and fresh prawns.but if you are using frozen prawns, defrost them properly before using.otherwise they turn rubbery after cooking.fresh prawns hold a lot of moisture.so they will be soft even after cooking.
Prawns are a little sweet in taste.if we add dry red chili powder to balance the sweetness it may turn out spicy.So I have added 2 tbsp of green chili paste to the marinade instead of red chili powder.you can skip that if you don’t like.I usually add coconut milk to the pulao.I didn’t have coconut milk on that day.Otherwise, I would have replaced 1 cup of water with 1 cup of coconut milk.This version of the recipe also tastes really amazing.you can try if you like coconut milk.
I have added fennel and cardamom powder to the pulao.among all the masala spices, these two spices are so flavorful and very less pungent.So I always prefer using these two spices while making pulao recipes.Prawns pulao can be served with Dalcha, raitha, chicken curry, katta.I hope you try and enjoy this beautiful recipe.
you may also like
Prawns Biryani Recipe
Fish Biryani Recipe
Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani Recipe
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Hara Chicken Dum Biryani(with mint) Recipe
Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
Chicken Dal Pulao Recipe
Konaseema Kodi Pulao Recipe
Ajanta Kodi Pulao Recipe
Text Version of Prawns Pulao Recipe
- 350 grams big prawns
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 sprig mint leaves
- 3 cups or 375 grams Basmati rice (1 cup=125g I used)
- Water for Soaking
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 1 mace
- 1 onion very thinly sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tomato
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- Masala powder made of fennel & cardamom
- 1 tsp pulao masala
- 1/4 coriander leaves
- handful of mint leaves
- 3 cardamoms
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 ½ cups or 700 ml water
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves chopped
- Clean the prawns thoroughly and take into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, coriander powder, few mint leaves, mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
- Soak basmati rice for 30 minutes and rinse for 2-3 times or until the water runs clear.
- Dry roast fennel seeds &cardamom, make them into a powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a vessel, put the bay leaves, star anise, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg and sauté until the aroma of the spices is infused into oil.
- Add the thinly sliced onion, salt and sauté until soft.
- Put the ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and sauté until the raw flavour disappears.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until it turns soft.
- Next, add a little coriander powder, fennel & cardamom powder, pulao masala and mix well.
- Put the prawns marinade, add few mint leaves, coriander leaves, mix well and cook it covered for 15 minutes.mix in between.
- Using the same cup that’s used for measuring rice, add water in 1 : 1 ½ ratio.that is for every 1 cup of rice you need to add 1 ½ cup of water.
- Again, add some mint & coriander leaves and bring the water to boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add soaked basmati rice.
- Water stops to boil after adding the rice.so bring it to a boil again.add salt if required.
- When the rice starts to boil, turn the flame to simmer and cook until the rice is perfectly done.
Video Version of Prawns Pulao Recipe