Hara Chicken Dum Biryani with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Hara chicken dum biryani is yet another tempting Biryani recipe. I have tried this recipe for the first time and it turned out really amazing. The main ingredient which makes this recipe so special is Hara masala. Hara masala is prepared with fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, coconut powder, green chilies and blanched almonds. Chicken pieces are marinated with the Hara masala for an hour. For this recipe, chicken and rice are cooked simultaneously in different vessels until they are half done. later they are cooked together with half boiled rice layered on top of the half cooked chicken.
the outcome of the recipe depends on how you prepare the marinade. taste the marinade after mixing and adjust the spices according to your taste. I have used chicken joints for the recipe, but you can use normal biryani cut pieces.it tastes good without any accompaniment.but can be served with Mirchi ka salan and raita.
you may also like
Fish Dum Biryani Recipe
Prawns Biryani Recipe
Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken clay pot biryani Recipe
Mixed non-veg biryani Recipe
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Bamboo Chicken Biryani Recipe
Pressure Cooker Chicken Biryani Recipe
Prawns Pulao Recipe
Text version of Hara Chicken Dum Biryani
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 10 blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut powder/grated coconut
- 3 chicken joint pieces (3*250 =750 grams)
- 1 cup or 250 grams yogurt
- salt as required
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Half lemon
- 1 deep-fried onion
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamoms
- 4 tbsp oil
- 600 grams basmati rice
- 3 litres water
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 5 cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 1 strand mace
- 2 kapok buds/Marathi moggu
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp shah jeera/caraway seeds
- 3 to 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 fried onions
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp kewra water
- ¼ cup fried onions
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- 2 lemon wedges
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 onion slices
- 10 Keera/cucumber slices
- put mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, coconut powder, blanched almonds in the blender.
- make them into a paste adding a little water and keep aside.
- Marinating Chicken
- take a wide vessel.
- add yogurt, garam masala, salt as required, turmeric powder, whole garam masala spices, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, hara masala paste, oil and mix well.
- add the chicken joint and coat them well with the mixture.
- soak the marinade for 1 hour.
- take 600 grams of Basmati rice and soak in water for 1 hour.
- rinse for 2-3 times before boiling.
- you need to cook the chicken and boil the rice simultaneously in different vessels.
- it takes 15-20 minutes for the water to reach the boiling point.so cook the chicken marinade until the water starts to boil and then turn the heat to simmer.
- take 3 litres of water in a vessel, add whole garam masala spices.
- add salt till the water tastes salty.
- add 2 tbsp of oil so the rice comes out flaky and non-sticky.
- when the water starts to boil, add soaked basmati rice.
- water stops to boil after adding the rice. so bring the rice to boil again.
- cook the rice for just 3 minutes from the boiling point and turn off the heat.
- strain out the water from rice and keep aside.
- sprinkle 1 tsp of garam masala over the marinade.
- pour 4 tbsp of oil and keep the vessel on medium-high heat.
- cover it with a lid and place a heavy weight on it.
- cook for 15 minutes and then turn to simmer until the rice is done. flip the pieces in between.
- spread the half cooked rice over the half-cooked chicken marinade.
- add fried onions, chopped coriander, mint leaves and kewra water.
- cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes with a heavy weight placed over it.
- turn off the heat and leave it for 15 minutes.
- take the biryani to a serving plate, put one boiled egg, add some fried onions.
- serve with sliced onions, cucumber, and tomato.
Video version of Hara chicken dum biryani