ఈ రెసిపీ Prawns Biryani recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
When you want to eat biryani and you have very less time to prepare or if you don’t want to get stuck in the kitchen for hours, Prawns Biryani is the best option.because the marination time for prawns is very less, unlike goat meat and chicken.And one more thing is if you are going to prepare this biryani for the first time the chances of failure is less, unlike mutton and chicken biryanis.
In this recipe, I have added 2 teaspoons of biryani masala as we like eating spicy.I suggest you, to use 1 tsp.when you are cooking biryani(of any type) the ratio of meat and yogurt should be 1(meat): 3/4(yogurt).we like eating double masala.So I added all the spices a little more in the video below.If you want to cook more quantity, take all the spices double the quantity that I took and grind them.add only 1 tsp of Biryani masala, and taste the marinade.the marinade tastes almost like Biryani.so taste the marinade and adjust all the seasonings according to your taste.save the leftover masala for the future use.I didn’t add ghee in the video below.but I later found that adding 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter to the marinade brings a lot of difference.it really enhances the taste of the Biryani.
If you are using frozen prawns, defrost them properly before marinating.they may turn rubbery otherwise.do not overcook the Biryani.cooking time may differ because different people prepare the marinade in different ways.if you add thick yogurt the moisture in the marinade evaporates very quickly and the biryani starts to burn.if you add semi thick yogurt, the moisture in the marinade takes more time to evaporate hence the cooking time will be more.The cooking pot is also important for making any biryani.you need to use a heavy bottomed pan.if not(in case if you don’t have a heavy bottomed pan) you can place a flat tawa/pan to prevent the pot from direct contact with the flame.cook with fresh prawns if possible.I suggest using medium-sized prawns.
This recipe tastes good when served with Mirchi ka Salan and raitha.Try this amazing Restaurant style recipe and let me know the result….. 🙂
You might also like my other recipes
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken Dal Pulao
Vegetable Dum Biryani
Ulavacharu Chicken Biryani Recipe
Mutton Biryani Recipe
Egg Dum Biryani Recipe
Konaseema Kodi Pulao
Fish Dum Biryani Recipe
Ajanta Kodi Pulao Recipe
Keema Pulao Recipe
Chicken Pot Biryani
Hara Chicken Biryani/Pudina chicken dum Biryani
Text version of Prawns Biryani
- 1 tbsp Shahi jeera
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 cardamom
- 2 1-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 big onions very thinly sliced
- oil for deep-frying
- 500 grams prawns
- 375 grams yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- salt as per the taste
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp biryani masala
- 1/2 of the fried onions
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 375 grams yogurt
- 500 grams Basmati Rice
- whole garam masala spices
- 2 bay leaves
- salt add until the water tastes salty
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4-5 tbsp of oil
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- leftover fried onions
- 1/4 tsp food color optional
- dry roast shahi jeera, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves make them into a powder.
- I have used 2 tsp of masala in this recipe.but you can add less masala or according to your taste.
- take two onions, cut them into very thin long slices.
- heat oil for deep fry.
- fry onions until they turn into golden brown color.
- drain out the excess oil while taking them out.
- they will become crispy within a minute.keep aside.
- rinse prawns thoroughly.
- remove the outer shells if any.
- take prawns into a bowl.
- add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, fried onions, chopped green chilies, mint leaves, lemon juice and, yogurt.
- leave the marinade for 30 minutes.
- soak the rice soon after you finish marination process.
- soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- pour water in a vessel, add all whole garam masala spices, salt, mint leaves, and oil.
- water should taste salty.
- bring water to a boil.
- when the water starts to boil, add soaked basmati rice and cook for 3-4 minutes.do not cook the rice completely.
- rice must be half cooked.rest of the cooking is done using the moisture in the marinade.
- turn off the flame after 3 minutes.strain out the water from rice immediately.
- take a thick bottomed vessel, add 4-5 tbsp of oil approximately(you can use the oil used for frying onions).
- then pour the marinade into the vessel and spread it evenly.
- spread the rice over the marinade evenly, add few mint leaves and fried onions over the rice.
- cover it and cook on high flame for 10 on minutes on medium-high flame and later 7-10 minutes on a low flame.
- turn off the heat and leave it for some time.do not open the lid immediately.
you may use the masala powder and red chili powder according to your taste. I like eating spicy, so I have added 2 tbsp masala. wash prawns with buttermilk to get rid of the fishy smell.
Video version of Prawns Biryani